QUALIFIED HEALTH PLAN or SHORT-TERM PLAN?
Learn which health insurance is right for you
Qualified Health Plan (QHP)
A Qualified Health Plan (QHP) is a health insurance policy that is certified by the state of West Virginia to meet the minimum standards in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
• Unlimited lifetime benefits
• No preexisting condition exclusion
• 100% preventive care coverage
• Hospital, medical/surgical expense coverage
• Emergency Services coverage
• Mental health/substance abuse coverage
• Rehabilitive and habilitive therapy coverage
• Prescription coverage
• Guaranteed renewable
• Enroll on healthcare.gov
• Can only enroll during Open Enrollment from November 1 – December 15 each year.
Short-Term Limited Duration (STLD) Plan
A Short-Term Limited Duration (STLD) Plan is a type of health plan that provides coverage for only certain specified health care services or treatments or provides coverage for health care services or treatments for certain conditions during a specified period.
• Lifetime maximum limit
• Limited number of visits
• Medically underwritten
• No coverage for preexisting conditions
• No mental health/substance abuse coverage
• No therapy, rehabilitive or habilitative services
• No prescription drug coverage
• May not offer policy renewal
• No preventative coverage
• No maternity coverage
• Membership dues to join association
• Can enroll year-round
Tap image below to allow zoom